"Restival - the exclusive love child of a retreat and a festival - is held in a secret space for up to 90 people amidst the beauty of nature in the land of the Navajo"
I heard of Restival just last year. The festival/retreat hybridization appealed to me, and its founding mission spoke to me. Its secrecy piqued my interest; its focus on physical and spiritual well-being intrigued me. Naturally, I wanted to learn more, so I contacted Restival's founder, Caroline Jones, to learn more about Restival's mission.
Restival is an immersive experience that takes place outside of Flagstaff, Arizona (secret spot!). Its mission is two-fold: to present an antidote to modern living and the fast-paced world we live in; to help indigenous wisdom stay alive through education.
I learned that Restival is a forum for non-native and native people to come together to peace, harmony, and with the desire to reconnect with themselves and nature. The Navajo are invited to stay in camp, and guests shouldn't be surprised if they learn about the Four Sacred Directions over breakfast. By the end of the weekend, guests will also have the option of learning Navajo Peacemaking, Horsemanship, Art, Storytelling, Astronomy, as well as many greetings and words from the Navajo language. In addition to immersive cultural activities, attendees can enjoy daily yoga, spa, and wellness experiences while staying in luxury accommodations to rejuvenate the spirit, disconnect from distraction, and to connect to themselves.
- Restival takes place over two sessions: September 14-19 and September 21-26
- Choose from several Eco Luxe accommodations - all modeled after traditional Navajo tipis
- Each ticket is all inclusive and priced per person; tickets range from $1,800-$2,950
- Three nutritionally balanced meals/day; snacks, coffee, juices, water 24/7
- Yoga and meditation are included in the price, and there are several other add-ons to choose from, such as acupuncture, Navajo healing, craniosacral and shiatsu therapy, thai mssage, reiki healing, clairvoyant readings, reflexology, life coaching, transformational Navajo sweat lodges, and flotation tank experiences.
If you're interested in Restival, please visit www.restivalglobal.com. And, if you book tickets, please enter the code EVERTHRIVE at check out for a discount! The first 10 to book will receive 20% off their ticket price.
Experiences such as Restival can help us take a break from living in the moment. Choosing to attend Restival is just one of the ways we can consciously decide to "Take the Slow Way."
Everthrive stands behind Restival's goal in connecting guests with themselves, nature, and traditional ways of life.